Friday, June 6, 2014

Transformation of my storage closet

I am a professional organizer with a dirty little secret. My very own storage closet was a complete disaster. I don't have much storage space and what little I have was becoming harder and harder to manage. Everyone would open the door and just throw stuff in there. I was guilty of doing this too!
It was impossible to get anything out. Every Christmas when we got out the 12 or so boxes of decor and things, I would promise myself that I would put it all back and organize the whole closet at the same time. Well I finally did something about it. I did have to hire a professional contractor, but I had an idea in mind of how I wanted it all to look. This is the mess I was dealing with!




It didn't take me long to move everything out. I set up some tables in my basement to sort everything. I brought it all out and put everything in a category for easier entry back into the closet later.

 Then I hired College Hunks Hauling Junk to come and take away some junk. I would have had to pay extra for our trash company to take it away, or borrowed someone's truck. Then where would I even take it? The process was just so much quicker once I decided to hire them. This is what I had them take away.


My contractor friend came and built exactly what I wanted! And then I loaded them up with everything and I couldn't be happier with how my storage closet turned out. We can actually walk in there now and see exactly what is on the shelf or in a bin. I just love it! I no longer get frustrated when I need to look for something in there. Being organized really does bring down your stress level!



No comments:

Post a Comment